Yard Sale?? Publish your Yard Sale on our NEW Yard Sale page!
2014-2015 Club Year
Our Club year is now "History" and a great year it was! Besides some very memorable entertainment
over the course of the year, we:
The 2015-2016 Club Survey Results:
- Welcomed many NEW and renewing members such that our Club now boasts an active membership roster of over 530 members,
- Changed over to new updated magnetic Club Badges that reflect not only your names but the towns in Massachusetts from which you hail,
- Began work on developing Club By-Laws,
- Continued to promote the purchase by Club members of Club shirts/hats and license plates,
- Instituted a formal "Sunshine Committee" to acknowledge member illness, milestone events and the deaths of members or their loved ones,
- Continued to support local food pantries with generous donations of food products each month,
- Provided hundreds of books and pajamas to benefit the children of the Ocala Forest during the Christmas drive of 2014,
- Hosted a successful "Night Golf" event,
- Continued involvement in and support of the Club's Bocce League,
- Marched for the 1st time as a Club in the Villages Resident St. Patrick's Parade behind the brand new Club Banner boasting the Club's Logo and Name,
- Enjoyed a COLD but fun Day Trip to St. Augustine in February, 2015 and a terrific, sunny, breezy trip to Clearwater for a luncheon cruise on the "Calypso Queen" in April, 2015.
- Thank you to all our membership for your terrific, enthusiastic support for the Club's activities over these past several months!
The annual survey responses (Under"Photos & Documents") are helpful to us as we plan activities and trips for you during the
Club Year. Everything we have planned or instituted for the Club over the past few years has come from
suggestions you have provided for us from these annual surveys. We do pay attention to your suggestions.
Summer "Day Trips"
Over the course of the summer we are planning to do a couple of bus "Day Trips". Information
on those trips will be sent via e-mail to all current Club members as the information is
finalized and will of course be posted on the web-site.
Our President's Corner
"Safe travels" and "Happy summer" to all! If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about
or for the Club, please feel free to contact Joan Puleo by phone at 352-259-8007, or by e-mail at
jkptrixie at comcast dot net
. "See you in September!"
Volunteers in the following areas of Club Activity for the 2015-2016 Club Year are be needed:
Club Registration / Renewals / Badge Orders /Pick-up
Planning day trips or other events outside of Club meetings, Entertainment Committee,
Taking Club shirt / hat / license plate orders, and the 50/50 Table
(Please note: Those interested in planning Club entertainment and/or day trips and/or
events outside of club meetings may be asked to participate in a meeting over the course
of the summer.)
Please contact Joan Puleo if you are interested in volunteering in any of these areas.
A huge THANK YOU is in order to the members who over the course of this past year, volunteered
their time and effort in a variety of ways, whether greeting new members, assisting with new
registrations, renewals, badge orders and pick-ups, room set-up and decorations, coffee/tea
set-up, keeping the web-site updated, chairing events such as the night golf event, the Bocce
League or manned the 50/50 table. In whatever way, these volunteers have helped your Club
to function well and thrive! Kudos to all!
The Club is now on "Summer Hiatus". We will be preparing to start on September 16th, 2015
the NEW Club year of 2015-2016! Be sure to watch the website for updates to the club schedule.
Our Club meetings are always held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from September to
April from 6:30 to 8:30 PM in the Lincoln Room of the Laurel Manor Recreation Center
The Club is open to Villagers who have ever called the Bay State "home". For information, call Joan
Puleo at 352-259-8007.
If you wish to join the Club for the 1st time, you can find the Membership
form on this website.
members are welcome to renew their membership starting September 16th, 2015.
Because of our Membership numbers and space limitations, please be aware that we are
considering putting a "HOLD" on new memberships effective in October, 2015. Any information
related to this will be shared with you as the decision process unfolds.
Club Membership has increased dramatically over the past few years and we THANK YOU for your support of
our efforts and for helping to "spread the word" about the Club. Will you continue to do so
by encouraging your Massachusetts friends who are not now members to join and be a part of our
The Massachusettes Baystaters Club website is constantly being revised. Please visit us again soon!!
Copyright © 2015 The Villages Baystaters Club.com; All rights reserved.
Always Changing! Thanks for your patience!