Meetings and Activities this Fall...
NEW!! Join the Sunshine Committee - see "Club Information"
Sept. 17st Meeting
New Club Year Information:
- Club meetings are held at the Laurel Manor Recreation Center in the Lincoln Room on the 3rd
Wednesday of each month from September to April from 6:30 to 8:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
The 1st meeting of the 2014-2015 Club Year is Wednesday, September 17th, 2014.
- Club DUES remain the same at $5.00 per person.
- Guests are always welcome and pay a fee of $3.00 per person when attending a non-ticketed event
- Please wear your Club badges to every meeting. (If you lose your badge, a fee of $5.00 applies.)
- As always, (if I have your e-mail address) by way of a reminder, you will receive a short
note from me each month prior to the scheduled meetings. The meetings are advertised the week
before a scheduled meeting in the Recreation News under the heading MASSACHUSETTS BAYSTATERS CLUB.
- Membership renewal begins at the September Meeting. If you will be unable to attend the September meeting but wish to renew your membership,
you may send a check, made out to the MA Baystaters Club to me, Joan Puleo at 427 Flossmoor Ct.
The Villages, FL 32162
- You may wish to come early to the September meeting (I'm thinking 5:30 PM or so) to complete
the registration process and the sign-ups for the Night Golf Event before the 6:30 PM meeting start.
- Club surveys completed during the last Club Year reflected similar suggestions to those of
previous years. We take your suggestions and comments into consideration when planning Club events,
so we hope that you will find our line-up of events for this year worthy of your participation!
The Survey results will shortly be on the website for you to read.
We have a great evening planned for you on September 17th and I am so looking forward to greeting you personally as we begin another Club year!
Please bring a canned or packaged non-perishable food donation for the Food Bank
Our President's Corner
It is hard to believe that the summer is fast coming to an end and we will be starting the
NEW Club year of 2014-2015 in just a few short weeks! I so hope that you have been enjoying
a safe and healthy summer!
I'm writing this now to give you a "Heads Up" about the NIGHT GOLF event planned for Thursday,
October 2, 2014. Club member, Rick Mumma
is spearheading this event for us:
Please contact him at rdman49 at aol dot com
if you are planning on attending. Though there will be
sign-ups at the September 17th, meeting, it will be helpful if you contact Rick ASAP of
your intentions to participate. More detailed information will be forthcoming.
- All players must be Villages residents
- You must have your Villages ID number at the time of sign-up
- The cost is $10.00 per player, payable at the time of sign-up
The Club is open to Villagers who have ever called the Bay State "home". For information, call Joan
Puleo at 352-259-8007.
If you wish to join the Club for the 1st time, you can find the Membership
form on this website. Complete the form and bring it with your dues of $5.00 per person to a
Pay your dues for the upcoming year,
verify that the information we currently have for you is correct, get your "15" sticker denoting the
current Club Year, place it on your Club Badge and you are done!
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me
at jkptrixie at comcast dot net
or by phone at 352-259-8007.
Baystaters Club Bocce Information
See you all in the Fall!!
Club Meetings meet from September to APRIL??
The May meetings are historically sparse in attendance due to the high number of our
membership being seasonal. At the April meeting, I posed the question about considering
changing the Club By-laws to reflect a Club Year of 8 months instead of 9. For those
of you not present at that meeting - What are your thoughts????
Club Membership has increased dramatically over the past few years and we THANK YOU for your support of
our efforts and for helping to "spread the word" about the Club. Will you continue to do so
by encouraging your Massachusetts friends who are not now members to join and be a part of our
The Massachusettes Baystaters Club website is constantly being revised. Please visit us again soon!!
Copyright © 2014 The Villages Baystaters Club.com; All rights reserved.
Always Changing! Thanks for your patience!